G-7 Summit: PM Modi met Japanese personalities in Hiroshima
He was conferred the Padma Shri award in 2018 for his contribution to the promotion of Indian literature and culture in Japan.
PM Narendra Modi along with Minister S. Jaishankar met Japan PM kishida and other Japan personalities in Hiroshima
Hiroshima: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met leading Japanese personalities Dr. Tomio Mizokami and Ms Hiroko Takayama, who have excelled in their professions, during his visit to Hiroshima for the G-7 Summit.
Dr. Tomio Mizokami, Professor Emeritus at the Graduate School of Foreign Studies of Osaka University is a renowned author and linguist and is proficient in Hindi and Punjabi languages. He was conferred the Padma Shri award in 2018 for his contribution to the promotion of Indian literature and culture in Japan.
He presented the widely acclaimed book "Jwalamukhi”- an anthology of writings from the 1980s by a cohort of Japanese scholars who laid the foundation of Hindi learning in Japan.Read Also : NLCIL Employees Wins 3rd prize in state level 'Enviro-Solver Hackathon'
Ms. Hiroko Takayama, born in Hiroshima is a Western-style painter, whose works are deeply influenced by her deep association with India, spanning over two decades. She has conducted numerous workshops and held exhibitions in India, and was briefly a Visiting Professor at Visva Bharati University, Shanti Niketan.
She presented to the Prime Minister one of her prominent works - an oil painting of Lord Buddha, created in 2022.Read Also : Prerana Ladies Club organised CSR initiative
Prime Minister shared that such interactions facilitate the deepening of mutual understanding, respect and creating stronger bonds between our countries. He looked forward to further opportunities for such enriching exchanges that pave the way for further strengthening India-Japan Special Strategic and Global Partnership relations.Read Also : Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla gives away Lion’s Roar to Restore SDG awards
News Must Read
- AI's Revolution: People disagree on how AI can change work life
- PM Modi to inaugurate first-ever National Training Conclave
- SECI and GRIDCO Odisha signed an agreement
- CIL Chairman Pramod Agarwal reviews WCL
- NHDC to construct 525 MW Pumped Storage Power Project to meet peak hour energy demand of MP
- Speeding up Hydro Power: CEA Fast-tracks Approval Mechanism for Pumped Storage Projects
- WhatsApp unveiled new feature called 'Channels'
- RBI not looking to withdraw 500 notes or re-introducing Rs 1,000 currency: Governor
- DRDO flight-tested ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile
- J&K Jaiswal Bridge over Chenab has been completed: Nitin Gadkari