G-7 Summit: PM Modi met Japanese personalities in Hiroshima
He was conferred the Padma Shri award in 2018 for his contribution to the promotion of Indian literature and culture in Japan.
PM Narendra Modi along with Minister S. Jaishankar met Japan PM kishida and other Japan personalities in Hiroshima
Hiroshima: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi met leading Japanese personalities Dr. Tomio Mizokami and Ms Hiroko Takayama, who have excelled in their professions, during his visit to Hiroshima for the G-7 Summit.
Dr. Tomio Mizokami, Professor Emeritus at the Graduate School of Foreign Studies of Osaka University is a renowned author and linguist and is proficient in Hindi and Punjabi languages. He was conferred the Padma Shri award in 2018 for his contribution to the promotion of Indian literature and culture in Japan.
He presented the widely acclaimed book "Jwalamukhi”- an anthology of writings from the 1980s by a cohort of Japanese scholars who laid the foundation of Hindi learning in Japan.Read Also : MOIL conferred with Best Corporate Communication Excellence Award of the Year
Ms. Hiroko Takayama, born in Hiroshima is a Western-style painter, whose works are deeply influenced by her deep association with India, spanning over two decades. She has conducted numerous workshops and held exhibitions in India, and was briefly a Visiting Professor at Visva Bharati University, Shanti Niketan.
She presented to the Prime Minister one of her prominent works - an oil painting of Lord Buddha, created in 2022.Read Also : GRSE becomes first public sector undertaking to win the CII AI-Award
Prime Minister shared that such interactions facilitate the deepening of mutual understanding, respect and creating stronger bonds between our countries. He looked forward to further opportunities for such enriching exchanges that pave the way for further strengthening India-Japan Special Strategic and Global Partnership relations.Read Also : EIL and IOCL achieves a major milestone
News Must Read
- SJVN CMD laid foundation stone of Office building at Dam Site of 210 MW Luhri Stage-1 HEP
- Paytm Payments Bank appoints Srinivasan Sridhar; Vijay Shekhar Sharma resigns
- Beautiful Images of Sudarshan Setu; Connecting Okha mainland and Beyt Dwarka island
- Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurates IndianOil’s PNG project
- SJVN Subsidiary inks Power Usage Agreement with JKPCL
- NTPC-REL First Solar Project begins operations
- If India succeeds, SDGs will succeed: Hardeep S Puri at UNGCNI National Convention
- PM Narendra Modi to Inaugurate First Mile Connectivity Projects of SECL in Chhattisgarh Tomorrow
- Coal India's Two Subsidiaries Eye Stock Market Debut
- BEML Gets New Office in Pune, Maharashtra